To force HTTPS on your WordPress website, you can follow these steps:
- Install and activate the Really Simple SSL plugin.
- Once activated, the plugin will automatically detect your SSL certificate and make the necessary changes to your site’s settings to ensure that all traffic is redirected to HTTPS.
- You can also configure the plugin to enable HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) on your site, which will tell browsers to always use HTTPS for future visits.
- After the plugin is installed and configured, you should test your website to make sure that all pages are loading correctly over HTTPS.
- Finally, update your site’s URLs in the WordPress settings to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.
Note: Before proceeding with this process, make sure that you have an SSL certificate installed on your website. This can be done through your web hosting provider or a third-party SSL certificate provider.